2009年9月12日 星期六

取自西雅圖---丞芯的代禱信

I was on my way to the foodbank to volunteer yesterday on the bus. I thought about how I'm a very comfortable Christian, as in so comfortable I don't have any breakthrough. So, I thought about what I do in my everyday life that I can make a difference. I thought about badminton. I think God kinda showed me something I could do. I want to start a badminton cadre, starting with 4 people (me, gar yun, jason, and winston) who already play badminton regularily and goes to the city church. We're not gonna meet and pray and have bible study, instead, we're going to play badminton. However, we're gonna have good attitudes when we play. We are going to be welcoming, friendly, and supportive. We're going to make friends with people and invite them to church. Since most badminton players are Asians, and mostly likely international students. We can possibly connect them with "soul unity", a group at our church that provides "conversational partners" for international students. That's what I have in mind for now. Please pray for us about this new ministry, for clear guidence and wisdom from God. I'm really excited for this. Now, we'll play badminton with a mission. We'll have lots of fun still, but we'll also be making a difference!

Grace

沒有留言: